An accident...
[html]

WC 600+

A polite laugh bubbled from her throat as he was taken aback by the handshake. Being of a young, overzealous type, when the man finally did respond to her handshake she gave his a firm squeeze but let it go briefly thereafter, avoiding the prolonged and sometimes awkward shake. “If you ask my brother, I’m no regular girl.” This man amused her; from the peculiar things he said, his fascinating patois, to his unique shape. She found herself warming up to him quickly, despite being a little uncertain of the stranger. He was so like a character from one of her books.

As he began to pace off she made a little wave of her hand and motioned with her head. “Wait, no, this way,” she corrected, and then steered him south. “I don’t mind if you keep eating. The Hotel is a long ways away even if you jog it and I assume you’ve worked up a decent appetite.” Her usual excitement was beginning to take hold now, those precarious first moments when you first meet someone and size them up, determining what you could about their demeanor and intentions now passed. Orin’s usual inquisitive nature started to shine, “So, where are you from?”

But before she could regale the stranger with more questions, she caught sight of Vigilante’s bulky Secui form pacing towards them. She recognized the King immediately, and though she was starting to warm up to the stranger (a process that was not slow for the girl), she did feel a certain comfort knowing that Vigil was near. She waved happily at the king, ensuring to catch his attention although he had spotted the pair long before she noticed him coming towards them. “We’re in luck,” she said to Charles. “There’s our King now.”

As she spoke the words, she felt a sudden pang of sadness for her wayward hero and former king of Cour des Miracles, Jacquez. She hoped she would not always feel like that whenever she saw Vigilante, for his loyalty and noble sense to duty to the pack was clear in the Luperci. She suspected he would make a fine king, and despite the heartbreak of learning her former hero was not the man she thought he was, was determined to give Vigilatne a fair chance.

“Greetings, your majesty!” She nodded with respect; it was the first time she had gotten to regard Vigilante by his new station. At that moment her ears and posture perked up considerably as though her verbal acknowledgment of Vigil’s rank already began to act as a balm over her disappointed heart. Well, that was the way of things with Orin. Give her fascinating ceremony and she was happy. “Niro and I have been great, thank you. We brought down a deer yesterday, together.” She beamed with pride over her and her brother's successful hunt, particularly because she was still very new at hunting. She would have returned a polite and sincere inquiry about the King himself and his mate, Ayita, who she loved the moment she met her, but noticed his understandable preoccupation with the newcomer and didn't think he would be offended at her skipping the pleasantries. She could always ask later.

He introduced himself to the newcomer before she could do so, so she quickly made up for her folly by interjecting, “This is Charles D’Fago. We were just going to come look for you at the Hotel. It seems his boat left him.” As she sidled a couple steps closer to Vigilante she gave him a look that quietly reflected her earlier concerns about not being sure how to handle a newcomer. She hoped the new king didn't jump to any ill conclusions about finding her with this stranger.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread