An accident...
[html]

ooc... I hope you two don’t mind, but I’m going to have Orin slip out of this thread because I think school might snag a few more hours from me this week than normal (two big final projects), and I don’t want to slow this down any. =D

WC 400

The king reacted well to the newcomer; whilst not completely reckless, Vigilante didn’t seem to hold Charles’s misfortune against him, giving the small man some time to tell his tale and some leeway to prove his (hopefully) good nature. This pleased Orin to no end, and the smile that was so constant on her muzzle didn’t fade, certainly not as Vigilante praised her on the news of her successful hunt with Niro, and not after the king began speaking to the swashbuckler before them. It was much like her first day in the pack, when Jac and Firefly had come to meet her and her brother, and gave the pair a chance rather than deeming them unwanted interlopers and sending them off, or worse. This seemed to be the usual way of Cour des Miracles, and she stood straight, suddenly more proud of her pack than she had ever been.

It seemed funny to her that the man’s boat just took off without him, especially because it was peculiar that he had not anchored it the moment he decided to come ashore, but she was not one to question the ways of the sailor. She could be forgetful herself, so maybe that was just as common for this seafaring man. “That really is the strangest of luck…” she chortled, shaking her head softly.

Luck? Oh no! That reminded her; as ‘luck’ would have it, her brother agreed to come help her with cleaning the lighthouse grounds today! She perked her head up and gasped softly in surprise, looking to her king with respect and to both men with a slight apology. She had already come to the conclusion that this man was little threat, and moreover on size comparison alone she assumed Vigilante would have little trouble with the stranger. So quickly, she interjected, quite apologetic for the interruption, “Oh! I just remembered I have to meet Niro. I hope you’ll excuse me?” She looked to Vigilante, searching for anything in his demeanor that commanded her to remain, asking as she did so, “You don’t mind, do you? Charles, it was nice to meet you. Maybe I’ll see you again… sorry I couldn’t stick around longer. Good luck!” She double-checked Vigilante’s gaze, and then if she detected no hesitation or received any other request from him, she would quickly turn and jog off back towards the lighthouse in the distance.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread