An accident...
[html]

My apologies for the wait; I got my wisdom teeth out this past week and I'm having an absolutely horrible recovery, and haven't been feeling up to posting much... 500+ words.

The King did not mind Orin taking her leave now, so he nodded as she spoke, not thinking it inappropriate of her at all to leave now. Vigilante offered her a smile before she left, saying, "That is fine, Orin. Thank you for finding Charles, and go enjoy your day with Niro." The large dog mutt had met both siblings on more than one occasion and though they were young still, he liked them both very much. He was glad that they had sought refuge here, though he did not know when it was exactly. It had been a few months, at least, and he was glad that he was getting to know them both well. Niro seemed to be an excited boy and Orin a very spirited girl, and he liked them both for those qualities he found in them.

Knowing so little about the subject of boats and sailing, Vigilante could only take Charles' word for what had happened. He did not know if it was a common occurrence for sailors, but it did not seem completely out of the question for the man of such small stature. Vigilante supposed he had been graced by such a large form, and he could not imagine being so... Well, small. He did not want to offend the man, though, so he nodded, deterring his thoughts from the man's size and misfortune and whether or not they could be correlational. "That is some unfortunate luck," he commented, by way of letting him know that he was not planning to hold it against him. There was not much that could be done about it, regardless. He supposed it would have been a good idea for Charles to ensure that the territory was not claimed before he attempted to tie up his boat, but mistakes were made, and that was simply that.

Vigilante listened politely as Charles discussed his heritage in-depth, something he did not encounter very often. The wolves were that—wolves. The majority of the dogs he met did not know much, considering how long the humans had been gone. Of course, he had never been around humans; they had died out long before even his grandparents were born. However, he knew stories of them and how they bred dogs for specific purposes. His parents had both been pure-blooded dogs, as far as he knew, and he knew the basic information of what his ancestors had been used for in the far past. He could not say he had ever been plagued by the obvious pride that the short man felt about his heritage, but he had held on to the knowledge in the case that it would ever be pertinant.

"I only know a bit about my ancestors, as my family lived in a large pack that was structured much like the olden-days wolf packs," he began, though he was mildly hesitant to discuss his past. It was a tender subject for him to speak about. "My father was a German Shepherd Dog. His ancestors were used by humans to herd things, such as cattle and sheep. My mother was an Alaskan Malamute, a breed used to do work in snow." There was not much else for him to say about the subject, so he turned to Charles and asked, What is it that you intend to do now?"

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread