I held my breath to feel alive
[html]

I'm sorry I fail so miserably :[ still love me? 300+

Her focus was completely on the facts and tips that filled the book in her lap. No one dangerous would come this far into Crimson Dreams without being spotted by someone, so she had no fear of strangers sneaking up on her quiet study place. Even if that were somehow the case, she had a feeling that Enzo would see them and become agitated and that would probably alert her to any strange presence. Her instruction on herbs was really just beginning and she was eager to learn how plants could help the sick and reduce physical pain. Cambi had started her training at the start of winter, so there had been no opportunity to learn these things before and her healing knowledge was only on how to mend wounds. Finally she would be able to help if someone became ill also.

The girl's theory that the mourning dove would alert her to someone's presence turned out to be false. When the bird saw the figure approaching the garden his head bobbed, and he cooed, but he was only curious. Living in the house with all the Dreamers had somewhat desensitized him to the proximity and presence of wolves. When that "woof" sounded she jumped, eyes wide with startle. When he gaze landed upon her cousin though a large smile quickly spread over her face. "Conor!" she cried happily. Cambria quickly stood up, a little too quickly, and her bandaged ribs protested. She winced briefly, a hand lightly touching the area, but she was too excited to let a little pain get the best of her. Her slender form rushed over to him, wrapping her arms around him. "I've missed you," she whispered into his ear.

Pulling back she looked him over more critically, for any physical signs that the war had touched him. When she found nothing alarming her sea green eyes returned to his lilac. "I wanted to come see you...but I was afraid. I didn't know how bad things were..." Guilt colored her tones. He was her cousin, and she should have braved the danger to make sure he was alright.

<style type="text/css">
.cambibutter b {font-weight:bold; color:#d4a638; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.cambibutterooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; text-align:right;}
.cambibutter p {text-indent:px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.cambibutter {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#fffbe1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... cambi2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 120px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread