I held my breath to feel alive
[html]

300+

Oh, she was so happy to see him! It had been far too long since they had been around each other. She remembered well the last time, how he had helped her learn to walk after her first shift and to belay her fears after she had found herself alone out in the woods. Each memory containing him was crisp and clear, except for their first meeting which had begun to blur in her mind. That memory didn't matter, for that wasn't the Conor that she knew now. It had all been a misunderstanding, and it was no secret that he was her favorite cousin. True, she didn't know many of her cousins outside of Crimson Dreams, but Conor was even one of her favorite people period. She loved the golden hued boy with all her heart.

His laughter filled her with joy and she couldn't help but let her tail wag without regard behind her. She was so happy that he seemed well. It was good to hear that he had missed her too. Cambria supposed that he could have only been saying it out of politeness, but she heard no deception in his voice. She didn't think that he would do anything to mislead her. As they pulled apart it was clear that he had seen her bandages, they were nearly impossible to miss, but before he asked about them he responded to her worries. Somewhat solemnly she nodded, glad that he wasn't upset that she had not come to see him. Now it was time to explain her own predicament though. "The old barn collapsed while I was inside it. I got pinned down by one of the beams from the roof. My uncle got me out. I wasn't hurt too badly all in all though, just some scrapes and bruised ribs," she reassured him, her smile returning. The Marino couldn't let the problems they had faced get to her now, not with him here with her now.

<style type="text/css">
.cambibutter b {font-weight:bold; color:#d4a638; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.cambibutterooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; text-align:right;}
.cambibutter p {text-indent:px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.cambibutter {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#fffbe1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... cambi2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 120px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread