road a[p]ples and straw
[html]

300+

She was clearly engrossed with her task and didn't notice his entrance until he had spoken up. As she turned though with the pitchfork full of horse dung he couldn't help the small, amused smile that cracked onto his face. It was quite the picture, especially for a first impression. It seemed obvious that she was picking up the slack around the stables in Heath's absence. If not for his condition he would have been happy to help out, but it was good that someone else was ready and willing (not to mention fully aware of what they were doing). Jade eyes watched as she dumped the load into the wheelbarrow. "Yeah. Er, well, I wouldn't really say owner. More like compatriot." Haven had never thought of himself as "owning" the stallion. He didn't view himself as above the horse. They were friends, and they helped and looked out for each other. "No, I don't mind at all. Thank you, actually. I'm glad Heath was able to find someone to cover things for him here." He had no doubt that she knew the Marshall, and understood the delicate situation his mate was in currently.

As she looked him over he did the same. Her size and stature reminded him of his sister. It was funny really. Mati had always been the biggest physically, but he had always viewed himself as the "big" brother, as her protector. Her guess at what he was, if it were a guess at all for she sounded certain, surprised him. Surprised him, but didn't shock him. The Knight didn't give much of an outward reaction to the statement. Months ago he might have. He probably would have reacted somewhat bashfully towards the title. Then he hadn't truly been one though, and now he was. It wasn't just his title that spoke it anymore. "The only one. At least the only official one." There were probably others in the pack that could hold their own in a fight. She seemed like one of them. "It wouldn't be a stretch to guess the same of you, I don't suppose," he said with a half cocked grin.

Haven stepped forward, extending his hand to her. "I'm Haven Aatte, Cour des Miracles' Knight."

<style type="text/css">
.havenhorserider b {font-weight:bold; color:#F0EBD1; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.havenhorserider-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:right; }
.havenhorserider p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 7px; margin:0px;}
.havenhorserider {margin:0 auto; width:404px; background-color:#C7B457; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... erider.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #020201; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; color:#151307; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread