road a[p]ples and straw
[html]

300+

Haven had a similar view of horses that Anann held. The first he had beheld them, the mustang group he had found Drogon in, there hadn't been a moment that he had thought of them as a source of food. Deer and elk easily fell into that category, but for some reason the horses seem to hold a position all their own in his mind even upon first seeing them. Perhaps it was all the stories of knights and kingdoms that had filled his head as a youth, but he felt that he would have viewed them as he had that day regardless. Haven chuckled at her understanding and the small joke. "Hehe, yes, I suppose that is ture." The Aatte leaned to the side to look down the aisle towards where he knew that Lumiere was stalled. "Ah, so you're who he's with! I've seen him a time or two, but didn't know who he belonged with. He's a magnificent beast," he complimented. None of the horses he had ever seen were so large and powerful. Drogon's ears flicked back and he bit at Haven's shoulder. The Knight had become an expert at dodging though, and the stallion caught his jacket more than anything. "Yes, yes, but not as magnificent as you Lord Drogon," he said, bending in a mock bow. The mustang snorted and flicked his tail, appeased for the moment.

The male shook his head as he turned back to her after the little episode. It didn't surprise him that Heath had found a friend in another horse lover. "Heath's a good man. We go a ways back, the two of us," he stated reminiscently. He remembered the day he had first met the black gloved hybrid well. Haven was pleased that he hadn't misread her for what her profession was. Even if she had tried to trick him by saying she wasn't one, he could feel it in their handshake. "Pleasure's all mine. We will have to spar sometime, I've never really had anyone to practice seriously with." A sparring partner was something he had wanted for a long while. If Anann was of his ilk, she would be eager for the opportunity as well.

It didn't surprise him that her eyes were draw to his fresh scars. It was only natural for them to gain attention, especially from another warrior. Her question didn't bother him, but he couldn't help but turn a little more sober speaking of how they had come to mar his form. "A stranger came onto the land and assaulted my mate, attempted to force himself on her." Princess hadn't been his mate at the time, but she was now, and his feelings for her were no different back then. "I came to fight him off. He refused to back down," he said darkly, locking eyes with her. The message was clear, if unspoken. The man hadn't walked away from the battle.

<style type="text/css">
.havenhorserider b {font-weight:bold; color:#F0EBD1; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.havenhorserider-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:right; }
.havenhorserider p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 7px; margin:0px;}
.havenhorserider {margin:0 auto; width:404px; background-color:#C7B457; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... erider.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #020201; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; color:#151307; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread