road a[p]ples and straw
[html]

300+

As Anann spoke of her concerns over his compliment he too saw that the large horse had indeed heard his words. The stallion posed beautifully and Haven found himself repeating the words over in his head. He had never seen a horse that was his peer. Payback was soon given though as the woman complimented Drogon and the mustang pranced a little, throwing his head and snorting as if to say "you're damn right I am!". The Knight chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm surprised the stable is big enough to fit one of their egos, much less both and other horses to boot." It seemed that Rem and Drogon, while having very different appearance, were quite alike beneath their skins.

A long time ago, after the pack had first formed, he had fashion two wooden swords that did a fairly good job of mimicking the weight and balance of his own longsword. Ever since then he'd been hoping someone would come to the pack that he could spar with and finally put the instruments to use. It seemed that day had come at last. "Excellent! My specialty is with the longsword, though I practice basic hand-to-hand combat as well. Yourself?" A thrill was running through him now that he had found himself someone to practice with again. The only time he had ever had the opportunity before was with the painted woman from Dahlia de Mai, but he had not seen or heard from her since that day.

No, there had never been a spec of regret in him for what he had had to do that day. Still, it was the first true battle he had had, and the first life that he had ever taken. The experience had left him somewhat shaken and greatly weakened. To hear words of confirmation from Anann was comforting. It was good to know that he was right, believing what he was. All he did was nod his head in response, still finding it a heavy topic, no matter the fact it had been justified. The Knight was very thankful for her joke and laughed at it. "Yes, yes, quite literal. To make it even more so, her name is Princess." People never failed to be amused by that fact, the knight and his princess. He couldn't blame them, it sounded like something from a story.

"Oh, I came here to ride and distract myself from the fact that I'm not quite in fit shape to start practicing again. It wasn't anything I was set on though." Haven was quite interested to keep their conversation going and to get to know more about the woman. It seemed that they had much in common.

<style type="text/css">
.havenhorserider b {font-weight:bold; color:#F0EBD1; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.havenhorserider-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; text-align:right; }
.havenhorserider p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 7px; margin:0px;}
.havenhorserider {margin:0 auto; width:404px; background-color:#C7B457; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... erider.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #020201; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: bookman oldstyle, serif; font-size:14px; color:#151307; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread