thread title missing
[html]
Okay.

It was an odd compulsion, the one that had driven her here. She had read about this in human books before, about "nesting" behavior--that females wanted to surround themselves in nice, comfortable things before the birth. But wasn't that thinking ahead a bit? She wasn't ready for them yet. Dierdre felt a little strange about talking with Phoenix about knitting...but that was what she was here for. She hadn't really thought about knitting before she had seen all of the beautiful, fluffy yarn here.

"I guess that each wolf is tied to their own packlands, though. I mean...I could have gone anywhere when I came back here, but I felt like Storm had been more of a home to me than anywhere else. I did live in Syemv..and then in Chimera. It would be harder to adjust to a new place." Her words were based on a current thought, one that had been plauging her for a while now. She had been thinking about her life a lot, about her past a lot. Mistakes, and things that she was going to do better. "I miss Physe a lot. I was thinking about asking Pilot...if he wouldn't mind...if we named one of the pups after Physe." It would be a way to hang onto the memory. Physe had come and gone, but he had always been very special to her.

She hoped that Phoenix wouldn't be angry about it, though. "But...I don't even know if any of them will be boys. But if I used his last name, it wouldn't matter anyway. It could be a boy or a girl. I really hope that there's at least one girl, though..." It was the most that she had spoken about the pups and about what she'd been thinking of for names...but now that she knew that she wasn't going to be pressed about how the pups had come into being, she didn't mind quite as much.

"Thanks. For the offer, I mean. I might take you up on it later on. For now, though...I sort of feel like I need to do this--to make something." She looked around the store, going toward a display. "These needles look perfect...I bet I can make something great with that red yarn over there."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread