[M] I know where you live
[html]

I gotta say, I believe you have a typo where you put "rape" instead of "ripe" and it was hilarious in a dark way in context. >_> (558.)

The stillness upset him. He was used to watching the threads of fate and war swirling around in maddening eddies around, almost visible in the air and in the woods and in the towns and floating out over the ocean. It was comforting, the knowledge that something was happening all the time. Somewhere blood was being spilled and lives were ending. A chilling thought for some, but to King it was comforting. He believed that for life to continue, life had to end somewhere else. How would he and his family be safe? For the war to continue until all the coyotes were dead. And now things were still. No, not still—stagnant. The peace was stagnant and it stank worse than any decay. It upset him and it made him nervous. Things couldn't just end like that, no matter what Conor said. They would come back for him and his mother like they had the first time. He just hoped that, when they did, he was big and strong enough to tear them to pieces.

Weeks had passed since Haku Soul had disappeared from Dahlia de Mai and Conor had taken over. Though King had never strayed from the borders (for he was respectful of his mother's wishes for him not to, and he was paranoid about the outside world), he had been restlessly wandering the territory. He supposed that he had been looking for his father, even though he knew he would not find him here. His quest was empty, but he did not give it up because he didn't know what else to do. There was no one his own age, and the adults thought themselves too good to be around him or he thought that he was too good to be around them. It was very frustrating, and he had trouble holding onto these feelings. They broiled inside the young wolf, invisible but maddening.

He was wandering close to the borders as he sometimes did before the scent hit him like a brick wall. He stopped immediately, electric blue eyes straying towards where his nose was indicating. A familiar scent, hauntingly so, laced with the sweet metallic smell of blood. He had thought his mission so hopeless that this victory made his heart leap, then thud in his chest. King set off towards the source with an uncharacteristic eagerness. It did not take long for him to find the chocolate-brown wolf in his Secui form, waiting as if for him (maybe he was). King's dark tail flicked quickly behind him as he came to a halt a few paces away, and there was a smile on his face that was tinted slightly with a nervous energy. He was confident everywhere, but he was always a little nervous around Haku Soul. It was probably closest explained to be a side-effect of reverence. "Dad," he said breathlessly, taking a moment to catch his breath before continuing, "I've been looking for you. I—I missed you."

His expression fell a little bit as he felt the questions nipping at his heels—why did you really go, why did you let Conor rule the pack, why haven't I seen you in so long? But he kept them back, not wanting to trespass somehow. This was a gift, to be with his father, and he treated it with caution.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread