Up is the New Down
[html]
FAIL JASSY IS FAIL. =X

Bris had to laugh at the little girl's reply to her question. What other answer had she expected? All wolves came from their mothers, whether they knew them or not! Maybe it was true what some souls said about grown-ups making the world much more complicated than it truly was. Besides, what did it matter where she'd come from? The bicolored pup was a part of Dahlia now and that's all Bris needed to know.

Before the yearling had a chance to ask about the pup's briefly mentioned sisters, she caught the sudden seriousness of the child's gaze as those scarlet eyes took in the luperci's bandages. The ones that wrapped around each of her hands were relatively clean, covered only in a sparse dusting of dirt from her rummaging earlier in the day. The one large one that circled her torso, however, was stained with a reddish brown where some of her blood had begun to show through. The cut across her ribs had been shallow, but wide and stubborn when it came to healing. There wasn't a day that went by that that particular bandage stayed completely spotless.

The pup's innocent little question brought a warm smile to Bris' face. Keeping that smile, she took a more comfortable position in the grass beside the youngling, folding her legs indian-style beneath her. "It was a coyote from the Inferni clan, but I can't really say it was his fault. I was stupid, and he gave me plenty of chances to just turn around and go home. I was angry, and I let my temper get out of control, and he stopped me from crossing the clan border and probably doing something even more stupid." It had taken her a little while to figure it out, but it was the truth. Had the Inferni guard with the wicked sword and battering ram of a horse let Bris simply do what she'd gone there to do, the young luperci doubted she'd have made it out with only a few shallow wounds to show for it. And then what? What would her senseless death have proven? That she'd learned nothing from the sister she so desired to emulate, that's what.

"You see, someone from the Inferni clan took away someone very dear to me; he took her away forever. I miss my sister Kol more than anything, and I blamed all of Inferni for what happened. I wanted to hurt the one who took her away, very badly. I let my anger build up too much, and I made a huge mistake. I'm still angry, but there's a difference between angry and stupid. I was stupid." She smiled down at the little girl again, reassuring her that she really was ok. Only then did it occur to her that her explanation might have been a little over the very young pup's head.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.bris p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bris b {color:#d5b06a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris-border {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread