Up is the New Down
[html]
I really need to make this thread my priority, and I will do so until it's done. XD

The child seemed a little confused by Bris' long-winded answer to her innocent question. As Bris watched the little girl patiently, however, it seemed like everything she'd said was simply taking a little time to soak in. The woman was admittedly impressed when Nayru digested everything and still had more questions to ask. There were some adults who found the endless questioning by children to be annoying, but the Stormbringer was only amused and glad to provide the answers the little pup was looking for. She remembered when she would bug Drey and Kol with her infinite inquiries and they would never fail to indulge her every wonder.

Still smiling her soft, warm smile, Bris folded her legs beneath her as she realized she may be spending a bit of time here with the girl. It took the woman a moment or two to figure out the best way to answer Nayru's innocent questions, as the topic was still one that stung, no matter how well Bris had come to mask that. The wound left by Kol's death was one that Bris knew would always leave a scar. "Well, it's a little hard to explain. You see, there was recently a war between our pack and Inferni; our packs hated each other very badly and many souls on both sides were hurt. Our leader, Conor's father Haku, had a darkness inside him that made him think things that weren't true, and made him act strangely and want to hurt people. He started the war between us and Inferni, and even after Haku was kicked out by Conor and the war was over, there were some who still felt hatred toward the other side." Kol had been killed only a few days after Haku's exile and the truce between the packs had been sworn. The sisters had been on a peaceful visit, looking for a coyote Kol had called a friend even throughout the war. Bris couldn't say whether it had been chance or fate that had placed Hybrid in their path, but whatever the reason, he had stolen the white woman's closest loved one.

"The members of Inferni tried to burn down a lot of Dahlia's houses one night in a sneak attack. Every time we fought, they seemed to fight with more cruelty and viciousness than any of us ever did. I believed they were all like the male who took Kol from me, mindless, cruel, evil animals without worth. Kol had believed otherwise, keeping her friendship with Anselm, but she was wrong. The war was over, and that Inferni dog killed her anyway. We were on a peaceful visit, not even on Inferni lands, and it didn't matter." Bris' awareness drifted a bit as memories of that day surfaced in her mind. His eyes were the color of blood, Kol's blood, and she would never forget them. She didn't even know his name, and no longer held the desire to wipe out all of Inferni in a fit of grief-stricken rage, but it wasn't uncommon for thoughts of revenge to bubble up now and again.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.bris p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bris b {color:#d5b06a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris-border {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread