Up is the New Down
[html]
You know, this thread is perfect. ^^ Nayru is making Bris rethink her feelings, which given the way I play her now she's already done, but I can finally say this is where it starts. XD YAY! And I know exactly what you mean about playing so far behind. We can wrap this one up soon and then have a more recent one if you'd like, especially since Nayru's had her first shift! I want Bris to give her a little gift to congratulate her, sort of a "coming of age" thing, like a necklace or earring or bracelet or something. What metal and stones do you think would look best for her? 8D

It wasn't until Nayru spoke that Bris seemed to come out of her daydream state. It was then that she realized she'd been chewing her lip, again, and she smiled softly at the black and white girl. Nayru's question was one that Bris found herself asking to no one in particular more than once. "You know what? I'm not really sure. The only ones I know are the ones in Inferni that we fought against, and they all seemed to be pretty cruel and ruthless. But Kol was friends with one of them, somehow. From what she told me, he was a relative of the leader of the clan, and someone a bit higher in the ranks. His name is Anselm, and if Kol trusted him, he's either exactly what she thought he is or he's one heck of an actor."

A lone cloud floated past the sun as Bris uncurled her legs. Content to sit and talk with the young girl, she stretched them out and lowered herself down to her side, propping herself up on her elbow. "I do know that the guard I fought with on Inferni's border could have just attacked me as soon as I showed up, but he didn't. In fact, he gave me several chances to just turn around and go home, but I couldn't. It wasn't until he knew I wasn't going away that he finally attacked, and he didn't follow me when I retreated, either. I know if it had been Kol's killer that had met me at the border, he wouldn't have hesitated to kill me. Maybe they're really not all the same, I don't know." The yearling was completely unaware that her tone had gone from an adult speaking to a child to an adult speaking to someone of the same age. to be honest, Bris wasn't entirely sure why she was going into such detail with the small girl, but her questions were making her think about things a bit more clearly than she had been. Maybe it was something she needed. "What do you think, Nayru? Do you think there's good in everyone, no matter what?"

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.bris p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bris b {color:#d5b06a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris-border {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread