matter of [p]erspective
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rintab.png); background-color:#cd3f7e; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: Yay! Finally getting back on track. Catch me on AIM one of these days so I can refresh my memory exactly how we're executing this thread. I remember the basic idea, I just want to make sure I didn't forget anything important!

WC 600+

As usual, Orin had been at the lighthouse pretending she was a carpenter capable of doing the repairs when really she hadn’t the slightest clue what she was doing with the building. It was actually her way of guiltlessly spending more time in her future home before it was officially fit for living. If she said she was taking supplies up, or patching a hole, then it would be okay to be around the lighthouse. But other than that, she was not allowed to live in it until it was deemed a safe, habitable dwelling, which would take a lot of elbow grease (she was overflowing with energy!) and skill (something she lacked). It wasn’t the worst, most dilapidated building in the Cour’s territory. In fact, it was in rather good shape considering what and where it was, but still needed to be made safe before she could spend every day and night in it.

Luckily for Anann, Orin was on one of these such trips to the lighthouse when the fat raindroplets began to batter the ground. The white wolf was inside when she felt a drip fall into one of her day-glo dreadlocks, but she paid it no mind at first. As long as it wasn’t Seagull droppings from the birds that nested in the quarantined lamp house above. . . She turned her eyes upwards and glared towards the locked door. She could hear them shifting and scuttling around up there. . . mocking her. . . Her lip curled back and she growled, and just for a moment considered trying to chase them off (even though she was not to go up there without assistance) when she heard another noise from outside.

This sound caught her interest and took precedence over the persistent seabirds. Really it would do no good to fight them off until she could patch the broken window up there, anyway. Her ears swiveled, and she realized it was raining. Moving to the door, she pulled it back to peer outside, and caught sight of Anann’s golden form. The woman clearly wanted to escape the oncoming storm! Orin opened the door wide and waved her in, “Come in, come in! Hurry, before we both catch our death.”

She ushered Anann inside and closed the door behind her. This first, main room was still dusty, despite Orin’s few attempts at cleaning it up. The furniture was a miasma of décor and appeared to be several rooms melded into one. At some point, this place served many functions; office, dining room, living room, and library, with only two small rooms off to the right for sleeping.

“Sorry,” she grinned sheepishly. “I don’t live here, officially. So I don’t really have much to keep warm with, either. There’s an old blanket, if you don’t mind the smell.” She peeled the blanket off of the couch – at some point it had been a banquet for the moths – frowned at it, then dropped it back down, assuming Anann wouldn’t be that brave. “Well, at least it doesn’t leak very much. Maybe a droplet here or there. You can wait it out with me, if you want. I’m Orin, Orin Takekuro.” She offered a hand. “I don’t think we’ve met? Not officially, anyway, but I may have seen you around. Oh, yes, at the. . . announcement. . . about Jac. I think you were there?” Her voice lost it’s usual flowery tone when she remembered the day Vigilante had announced that Jac was officially missing, and that there would be no search party. To remember it broke her heart anew.

©table code and image to jacoby: For Orin

[/html]

Messages In This Thread