I saw the sun
[html]

300+

There was the shadow of evil in the child. He was a creature who had not merely been born, but formed out of his father’s need for an heir. The elder boys—the violet eyed alpha and his fat brother (whom Larkspur had seen in passing, and saw no more of after that)—were imperfect. They had been made accidentally, from love and from passion. King was different. He would always been different, though Larkspur did not know if the child yet understood this. Yet looking into his eyes, eyes which were far too intelligent for his age, the D’Angelo did not doubt he would come to know truth in his time.

Soon, but not yet. One hand traced the firm line of the horses skull, following it up to the widow’s peak formed under a thick forelock. He took better care of the horse’s appearance then he did his own, but the wolf could not be blamed for such things. In his mind, he would always look terrible. Until he was cleansed and all was made right. Soon, but not yet. “Larkspur. I’m a friend of yer father’s,” he added, though he did not believe that Haku had friends. He had tools. He had enemies. He had those who were also bound in shadow and sin. Not friends. Still, Larkspur was simple. He could not explain this beyond such a basic word.

“This,” he continued, combing his nails through the mare’s forelock. “, is a horse. You ride ‘em, and can use ‘em to carry things. Don’t s’pect y’d git good eatin’ out of ‘em, though.” Even now, he instinctually knew better then to attack a horse. They were larger and far more dangerous then any deer. He would take his chances with white-tails and smaller, less dangerous food sources.

<style>
.larkspur-b02 p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02-text {margin:0px 8px 24px 176px; padding:2px; width:262px; }
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread