I saw the sun
[html]

(344.)

King wondered how much training those animals had to go through to be able to be so close to wolves. Sure, they would not hunt and eat them (even though the thought had crossed the puppy's mind once or twice already), but still—they were predators and they were prey-animals. The kid almost half-expected the creature to bolt as the older wolf dusted its neck off, but still it was there. He had to say that he was impressed with the animal's composure; it was so much more impressive than lesser animals, like rodents and deer and the like.

The wording of the man's introduction definitely caused a quizzical look to come to King's eye—he knew that the word 'friend' did not really fit congruently with his father, but he understood what he meant. So this was him, the mythical Larkspur. "Oh. Harlowe is looking for you, Larkspur," he said as a reply to the introduction. He had spent several hours walking haphazardly through Dahlia de Mai with the other child, hoping to find him. It was certainly ironic that he had found him now, but that was certainly beside the point. He transferred his blue gaze to the animal—the horse, as the wolf elaborated—and tilted his head to the side slightly. Even though he could see that it was useful for riding or transportation, as he could imagine, King couldn't help but think that it'd be even more useful for food. So when he eventually said, "I guess," he was really just imagining how long one horse could last... If a deer could give several days' of food, a horse could probably last a few weeks.

"So, uh," he said, returning his gaze to Larkspur's sharp orange eyes, "How do you know my dad?" The boy's blue eyes conveyed that he would rather go past the fact that he had just known him as the past Rosen—he wanted to know if Larkspur was anything of interest to Haku Soul, and whether he should be anything special to King Chance.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread