I saw the sun
[html]

What it actually took to train and break a horse was beyond Larkspur. He had stolen the mare from another Luperci and worked with her since then. Though amateur at best when it came to dealing with the horse, the two had learned how to work together and thus thrived as best they could. Misery had a great deal of credit as far as this, having taught him how to ride and care for the mare.

He saw the expression on the boy’s face and smiled thinly, knowing fully well that Haku did not so much have friends as he had…well, who knew what he had. Were he educated like the boy he would have known such terms as ‘accessory’ and ‘accomplice’, but Larkspur was simple. He had been raised deep in the mountains by simple occidental folk, who knew as little about the outside world as they did about the truth to why the sun rose and fell.

The boy had come. This made Larkspur glad, in a small way. He had made the starting mark. He had gotten his claws in. All he had to do now was rip out everything false and his work would be done. “We met before I joined here,” he explained, going back to the task at hand. “We’re…we’re similar, I ‘spect,” Larkspur struggled, unable to communicate what he understood in his soul.

<style>
.larkspur-torch .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#4B4741;}
.larkspur-torch p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.larkspur-torch b {color:#F0E5D8; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.larkspur-torch-img {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/larkspur2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:182px;}
.larkspur-torch {background-color:#76736F; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style:none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:14px; color:#2B2723; letter-spacing:-.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:398px; text-align:justify; margin:0 auto; padding:5px 0px; }
.larkspur-torch .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F0E5D8; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread