I saw the sun
[html]

Sorry this is short :[

Boys were impressionable things. This was why Harlowe had been chosen. This was why King had been chosen. Men made their immortality by impressing themselves on their sons, living through them and living forever if they could so manage. The mother, in this equation, did much the same—save her bond was stronger and always would be. A child belonged to his mother long before his father. Yet King, who spoke eloquently and did not fidget as most boys did, was certainly his father’s son.

Larkspur knew in his heart that Haku wanted it that way, and smiled. The boy spoke of the mare, who had not fully relaxed around this new scent, and the scarred man patted the great beast’s neck. “If y’get ‘em young, it probably ain’t much dif’rent from trainin’ a boy. I d’know how this one was raised,” he added, not feeling as if explaining how he acquired the beast was necessary. “, but I s’pect that might be it. Besides, I’d rather kill somethin’ stupid then somethin’ I can use.”

<style>
.larkspur-torch .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#4B4741;}
.larkspur-torch p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.larkspur-torch b {color:#F0E5D8; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.larkspur-torch-img {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/larkspur2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:182px;}
.larkspur-torch {background-color:#76736F; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style:none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:14px; color:#2B2723; letter-spacing:-.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:398px; text-align:justify; margin:0 auto; padding:5px 0px; }
.larkspur-torch .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F0E5D8; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread