counter balance this commotion
[html]
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9928/lunarut5.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

XD Ghita gets a little ticked... watch out! XP
Wc: 500~

Waiting for her brother's response was easy, without pressure. She had nothing to hide, now that she had been found wandering out of the manor. Now especially that it became apparent that Ehno wouldn't pick her up and toss her back onto her bed, she could relax more, letting her muscles release their tension. A soft sigh hissed out of her lips as she listened to Ehno reply, intentionally not meeting his eyes until later. The familiar Italian lilt of his voice was comforting to the fae, as the language tended to be in this new country. That familiarity was constant, and she knew that the Marino accents would fade, but never truly disappear, Ghita's being the most prevalent.

Her only response was to nod, knowing all too well the sympathetic tone in his voice was meant for her and her injury. Most of the time she was too miserable to notice it in others, but it seemed to stick out whenever an Italian accent met it. No matter how poorly her leg was healing, her spirit was taking a worse hit, every ounce in Ghita's being unable to accept the pity that everyone met her with. She knew all too well that her siblings were more of the overtly worrying types, coupled with a loyal protectiveness that could seem overbearing and suffocating at times, and comforting at others just as much as she was a free spirit, and had to give Ehno the same tolerance that she'd demanded time and time again.

To an extent, of course. Her turquoise eyes flashed with the sudden challenge she posed to her brother, just daring him to disagree. And in his standard way of darting around and avoiding the real answer, he rose to it, the skepticism not missed by Ghita. The smooth way he darted past giving a straight answer could annoy the heck out of Ghita sometimes (who're we kidding - most times), and this was no exception. Biting her lip, her lips raised and her eyes rolled, the distaste seeping off of her. "I'm sure that I'd heal even faster without people telling me left and right that I won't." she spat, the tone stinging and bitter all in an instant.

In an instant, the winds had changed, bringing with it a tempest on the high seas. The fae was injured, stressed, and over all worried about her leg; the last thing she felt she deserved was skepticism on her family's part. Her ears had flattened against her skull, although whether it was from anger or the stinging hurt she felt that came with her brother's lack of faith was uncertain. The only outlet that was within eyesight was on those closest to her, those who were erring in her eyes - either providing too much care or not enough. The hormonal mother tended to be uncertain at best - with this injury preying on her morale and conscience, there was no telling what an off-hand remark would be met with.

""

[/html]

Messages In This Thread