counter balance this commotion
[html]

Haha, oh noes! XD Also, sorry for this post being kinda short and wonky--I had to stop half-way through it and it kinda threw off my groove. :o wc:351

Ghita was quick to see the veiled challenge in his words, as he knew she would. The familiar fire seemed to light up within her, fuel for the display of flashing teeth and a contemptuous roll of her eyes. Certainly it wasn’t his intention to rile her up; condescending attitudes and her subsequent flash of temper wouldn’t be any help at all for her slow-going recovery and the already present stress that plagued her. All Ehno wanted to do was make her see that the healing process would take time, despite her protests and wishes that it would be otherwise. He should have expected such a reaction from her. She had always too stubborn to admit to something that displeased her, and honestly, Ehno could hardly fault her for that.

That didn’t mean that he would simply sit back and take her verbal lashing. It frustrated the Marino man to be thrust into this situation again, but he didn’t know what he would have expected otherwise. It was a dance the siblings should have grown used to by now. Ehno kicked it off with his usual overbearing protective ways and Ghita responded with her defiant attitude. Same old song and dance with a new tune. What else was new? It was practically how their family dynamic was made to work, if this was any indication.

He took in her bitter remark and the swift shift to anger in her features and felt a bit of a defiant fire of his own building up within. His own ears were quick to flatten against his skull, mimicking his sibling. “I just don’t want to see you getting hurt any worse,” he shot back defensively. “I know you can take care of yourself, and I know you’re sick and tired of hearing it, but I don’t know what else to tell you, Ghita.” He regretted the ice in his tone, but his frustration gave him little other choice. He knew that his overbearingly protective streak had the tendency to get on her nerves, but it wasn’t as if he could simply switch it off.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread