someday you feed on a tree frog
[html]

"I guess," Snake responded, though the differences between them were so obvious that it made his words sound very unsure. The fact that the boy had gone to some underground hole to eat his meal of a reptile was enough of a difference—even now the older coyote was feeling a haze of panic setting in on the back of his mind just thinking about it. The man didn't fear many things, but collapse of an enclosure on him was one of those things. And then there was his shifting, cryptic speech. Snake was blunt in his speech; succinct and truthful, all of the time. And he seemed to know somewhat that the boy was playing some kind of word-game, but Snake was never very good at those, and it showed. Such might've been why he introduced himself more formally as Mkhai, dropping a few of the pretenses. Snake was silently grateful.

"Pleased to meet you, Mkhai," the Hydra responded automatically, without thinking. He had not really noticed how others might regard his pleasantries before speaking with Hybrid, but they were difficult to fight; they were just as inevitable as one's personal demeanor. Of course his own reply was a little less elegant, "And my name really is Snake." Ironic, with the little serpent king and the skeletal remains of his meal and the name that he had called himself only moments ago, but it was as it was. And, because he was under the impression that every newcomer to this pack was some kind of Lykoi that had received some type of family homing signal, he continued, "Let me guess—you are a Lykoi as well?" It was an ongoing joke within his own mind, how the entire clan seemed to be a family. He'd be more surprised if he was contradicted.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread