The Warrior's Song
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... -mab_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Close here? ^=^ Sorry for taking so long on replying… OnO

A quiet emotion moved across the white orbs and was gone. "You don’t need to thank me," the soft alto countered. The black fae’s maw reached out and bumped the younger male under the chin and an oddly affectionate manner. Perhaps it was her own movement into motherhood that had brought on a more readily given (or readily given in her terms) gentleness. While she had not been present at his birth, she had known Conor since his birth. Growing up, he had peaked an interest within the Warrior.

The woad-banded ears moved almost imperceptibly at his next words. Her home. Her thoughts danced the summertime image of her den, the great tree rising in silent protection above. That den had housed her through many things, and she had raised the first litter there, if only for that brief time. A soft smile moved across her lips. She was glad that it had not been harmed in some way and that it had not been given to a new creature. Her heart was at ease now knowing that the land would accept her return. A quiet nod was given to the golden leader of the flower pack. "Thank you," the alto melody replied simply but sincerely. After the great distance that the Warrior had traveled, to rest in that place, a place that was sacred to the child of Nemain, would be rejuvenating.

Such a thought caused her to realize the true weariness of her body. With careful poise, however, the Warrior easily concealed such a thing. Instead, another tranquil smile was bestowed upon her leader. "If I may, I will continue there." She spoke with courtesy, but she moved already beyond the borders, satisfied that Conor’s acceptance of her return was enough to allow her move past the barrier she had quietly waited upon. The one-eyed Raven clicked his broken beak and disappeared into the shadows of the woods. Her home was waiting for her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread