(J) So she walks the floor less traveled
[html]

400+

The Lykoi's were a powerful family, even back when Gabriel and she had been at war in SoCal all those years ago. He spoke of Kaena on occasion (more than the rest of the family, at least), the matriarchal head of the family, and his mother respectively. She was a powerful woman, as Jezebel had come to learn during her previous stay with Inferni, and moreover she seemed to grasp the very essence of the clan itself. The ashen woman knew that the older coyote was well entwined with the history of the clan, and was once a leader, but as for how integrated her beliefs and family was into the heart of it, she could not possibly know just yet. Her previous stay had gained her a bit of knowledge of it all, but it was minimal at best. As she walked, waiting for the Centurion's answer, Jezebel wondered if she would someday achieve such success.

The reply she received was surprising, to say the least. Gabriel had told her of the first conflict between the clan, and Dahlia, but she assumed that they had finally settled their differences. She was not fool enough to assume that all the tensions would subside, and everyone would be shitting rainbows, and making peace circles, but she'd at least hoped that they would manage to avoid another war. Jezebel regarded Kaena (or rather, the gray coyote's chin) with a frown, and her gaze became strained at the mention of their losses. There was no stopping the "what if's" after that; what if she had been here? Could she have saved them, or were they beyond the reach of the clan when they died? Again she was in the company of her familiar friend, guilt, but this time it was entirely unfounded. Even if she had been here during the war, there was no telling if she could have done any good.

Reaching up to finger the cross out of habit, she nodded, "It sounds like you've all filled your quota this year. Or a good three, or four years." She said, though the humor that might have otherwise been there was all but lost in her voice, "I'm sorry for your losses. It is never easy to lose your friends to war. Especially conflicts your side didn't start. But I'm glad to hear it is mostly over, and thank you for the warning." Jezebel remarked softly. "If there is anyone still in need of medical attention, I'd like to offer my assistance, if I may." She added.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread