tell them that she's not sacred
[html]

"Correct," he mumbled, though he didn't really understand what she was getting at with that. Getting help from the outside was something he had never considered—no one had done so when he had first arrived (well, Hezekiah had showed him the caverns, but once he explained that subterranean living was not for him, he was virtually on his own), and he had not expected anything more now. His longevity in the clan was not really something that he put much stock in, as others had been there longer and were related to the leaders in some way. He was a peripheral luxury, an extra arm of protection but one that was not really kept up well with. Snake didn't really care—he liked his solitude most of the time. He believed that a man's home should be found and established by the man himself.

He redirected his olive gaze to her chartreuse eyes as he told the story, noticing how much attention she took in it. He couldn't tell if she was interested in history, or if it was because her mother was a key component of it. Her question indicated the latter option, and he replied after a short pause, "I was never told specifically, so I cannot say with certainty." He paused, his gaze drifting to the river and then back to Eris Lykoi. "Knowing the man's reputation and having spoken to your mother afterward, I can guess easily enough what he did, however."

<style>
.snake b {font-weight:bold; color:#800000; }
.snake .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.snake p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#000000}
.snake {margin:0 auto; width:311px; background-color:#FCDDC1; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... CDDC12.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 175px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread