She'll be a scar now *Libri needed*
[html]

OOC: *rolls around randomly*

Bris very nearly keeled over in shock when the child revealed his mother's name. Sapphire and amethyst eyes widened in surprise and veiled horror, and the yearling swallowed the lump that had come to her throat. Gideon was a child just like her, a hybrid of Stormbringer and Dawnrunner. But Bris had a very hard time believing that anything had been forced on Drey, as it had been forced on Bris' mother. Azrael would never take the risk of the Stormbringer blood being dominant, weak as he believed all females to be. Drey had merely been held as leverage against Kol and the rest of the Stormbringer pack. Crow would never have risked an all-out assault while Azrael held his loved ones hostage.

If Drey hadn't been forced into anything, then how was it possible for Gideon and his siblings to even exist? Dark coats were rarities among the Dawnrunners, and the more she looked at the charcoal boy the more she believed his words. Drey could never be described as the greatest gentleman there was, but Bris was also having a hard time believing he would have abandoned any children he knew he had. Then again, Gideon looked to be no more than two months old or so, which would have put Drey firmly in the beachfront cave in the southern territories when he was born. The wayward male probably had no idea that his children existed.

Conor's voice brought the white woman back to the present, and she offered the little boy a warm smile, hiding the conflict in her eyes. "I think I know just where to find him Gideon, so don't worry. I'll let him know very soon that you're here! And guess what? Your daddy happens to be my brother, which makes me your aunt! You're a very smart boy to have found us." Bris' gaze turned to Conor as he spoke up again, their depths softening in gratitude at his offer for the pup. It would have been silly to have brought the child back to the treehouse Bris called home; one wrong step and it would be a tragedy. For a moment, Bris felt her cheeks warm at Conor's blunt statement about her coming along, but it faded as she realized it was only practical. Gideon wasn't yet comfortable with the alpha, and he would need the constant reassurance of someone he trusted to help bring him out of his shell. It only made sense. The snowy Stormbringer's eyes sparkled a bit as she smiled at the young leader. "I'd like that very much."

Still smiling, Bris nudged Gideon's still-showing belly with her cold nose. "Come on sweetie, let's get you something to eat, and take care of those nasty boo-boos."

Table by Kiri/Jenny!!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread