there's a part of me in the chaos that's quiet
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Xion2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">
The sky was gray and gloomy. It looked as if rain was about to fall. Perhaps Xion hadn't picked the best time to wander off on her own. But for now, the clouds seemed to be holding in their precipitation, and the white wolf pup bounded through the grass toward the shimmering lake that she could see in the distance. Her parents had become more lax with Xion and her brothers, and for that she was happy; Delwyn's tales of the world outside their cabin and away from their parents had captivated her. The curiosity she'd inherited from her mother compelled her to discover all of the Phoenix Valley territory that she hadn't seen before--but for now, she would stick with just exploring the lake area.

As she got closer to the water's edge, Xion slowed her pace, until she stopped before a jagged boulder half-embedded in the ground. She crouched down for a moment, then sprung upward, scrambling with all four limbs in an attempt to pull herself up onto the rock. This didn't work too well, and the ivory-furred pup found herself slipping back down and landing on the ground with a thump. But she wouldn't give up that easily. The girl took a few steps back to get a running start, then charged at the rock and leaped up and forward, digging her little claws into the stone as much as she could. She grinned as her little legs finally managed to pull her up onto the top, and she looked around, pleased with the view atop the boulder and satisfied that she had succeeded in climbing it. Maybe today wasn't going to be such a bad day after all.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread