there's a part of me in the chaos that's quiet
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Xion2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

Xion had never met anyone else in Phoenix Valley besides her parents' friends, so this was a very new experience for her. She was a bit confused as to what to do in this situation. The other girl's talk of rules was strange to her. Who would set a rule for jumping off of a rock? She'd have to ask her mother about it sometime, maybe she knew. Xeris seemed to always be concerned with staying out of trouble and following the rules. She had often told Xion and her brothers that if they didn't follow the rules they could get hurt, and she'd always turn to her side and show the long scar there that she had apparently gotten for breaking some rule involving coyotes. Xion most certainly did not want to get a big scar.

"I'm not scared," she replied. "And I'll show you that I'm not scared!" A new-found courage struck her now, and she stared back at her reflection in the water for a moment with determination on her face. Maybe her reflection would catch her. There was only one way to find out. And with that, she leaped into the water with a splash, surfacing a moment later. "See?" she said to the other girl in between gasps for air, "I'm not scared!" After a short while of flailing about in the water, the white-furred girl managed to get to shore, where she stood dripping wet in front of her packmate. "Now it's your turn!"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread