Born of Snow
[html]

300+

Maria’s radars perked and she was dragged from her near sleep as another animal approached. She cursed herself for allowing drowsiness to take her, but long journeys takes a lot out of younger wolves and fatigue was inevitable. Both way, she had been spotted and the scout approached boldly. The early morning light of the sun reflected white off the fea’s unmarred pelt as she stood to confront the wolf. The large she-wolf grizzled appearance was a new experience for the yearling. Maria had never met a wolf of such large proportions. Her curiosity was drawn all over her face as she examined the fea from her spot under the broken wing. Her body did not relax though, it continued to be on high alert. The arctic’s tail stayed low and her eyes avoiding contact with the similar colored ones of her confronter.

The resolute statement shot at her amused the wolf. Of course she did not, it is not like there are signs and no canine has crossed her path for miles. Her answer, of course, was a little less defiant in tone. “No I do not. I have not made contact with a fellow lupine for a while… not since I left my birth pack up north. ” Maria’s expression changed as her mind swarmed with thoughts of her pack whom she’d deserted. “I am Maria Shamus.” Her voice trembled as emotion got the best of her usually indifferent demeanor. “I am aware that I have stumbled onto your pack lands, forgive my clumsiness but somehow I believe I was led here. I don’t know why.” Formalities had never been the fea’s forte but Maria tried her best not to piss the beast off. Although she was agile and accurate, able to hold her own in a fair fight, Maria had the feeling the other wolf had the upper hand on brute strength.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread