Born of Snow
[html]

300+

The arctic’s face contorted with thought, her stop and brow scrunching up and creating lines. “I have never thought about my ‘abilities’. I suppose I am a good hunter and tracker. My mother said I took it up very well within my first hunts with the pack. I believe my greatest strength is in battle though.” Maria’s feathered tail swished. “Yes. Although, I probably will not need the talent here in Crimson Dreams. It is probably better that way. ” A shadow seemed to suck the life from her blue eyes as the she-wolf looked the horizons over once more, habit. “I usually find a diplomatic solution to problems but I cannot deny that fighting gives me pleasure. I suppose it’s like that for most of us though, the wolves.” Her tone was splashed with a masked feeling.

The wolfess returned her gaze to Mita. The surrounding area as desolate as ever. Sand dancing as the wind began to strengthen. “I am also what you call a Luperci. I’m not sure what it means exactly, but that’s what my father called the infection he passed to my brother and I.” Maria remembered the first day she and Castiel, her brother, had felt the pull of the moon’s haunting presence. None of the others had felt it, just them, and she remembered the horrified look on their mother’s face when they told her this. Before, Maria's mother said their father died while they were in the womb, she had hoped he had not passed it to their pups… but it was inevitable. Maria did not believe her at first, but as she went into detail about what their father had revealed to her about Luperci, the more Maria knew it was true. Castiel was disgusted with his mother and left a month later in search of his blood’s desires. Maria had soon followed, pulled by a similar need to search.. for something.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread