all dressed up with no place to go
[html]

WC:252 // oh my goodness! xD I hope yours heals up faster than slowpoke Colibri!

Coli perked her ears forward at the sound of someone padding down the stairs; their gait was uneven and slow with the clatter of a walking stick, their breathing short and labored. She cringed as she realized it had to be one of the injured werewolves staying in the manor. If she slipped or collapsed, Coli would prove to be useless yet again. But luckily, her packmate safely made her steady way into the sitting room, settling heavily into a nearby chair.

"...Hello, Ghita. About the same as your leg, I imagine," she retorted with a wry smile, her spirits lifting slightly with the prospect of conversation. She was always self-conscious externally and internally, worrying what sort of impression she made on others and whether they were criticizing her. Since they were both visibly injured, she at least didn't have to worry about the stigma of clumsiness.

Colibri and Ghita had not spoken a great deal in the past, but the Marino family as a whole truly impressed her. They all seemed so well-adjusted, confident, and capable. Savina even frightened her a bit, with her feats of strength and her dominant nature (although her recent stint of motherhood had gone far to soften Colibri's mental image of the Commander). Still, while Ghita was a relative unknown to her, Coli held her in high esteem if only for her siblings. "It looks like we might be cooped up in here for a while..." she remarked idly, blue eyes wandering about the cozy chamber.

Table by Alli![/html]

Messages In This Thread