Starting a new
[html]

Not surprised by the question, Maria paused for a moment before answering the femme. “I lived with my family rather happily, the only misfortune being by father left when my brother and I were yet unborn. Of course, my mother had always told us he was dead rather than tell us he left. She was looked down upon for breeding with a stranger and it was even worse that he had left. It was not until my brother and I were a year and a half old that she finally revealed the secret.” Maria’s eyes softened, as if a past memory haunted her. “ He was a gray wanderer named Foalan, infected with Luperci that he had passed to us. That was the first time we had heard of Luperci. Until then, Castiel, my brother, and I felt different from the other Arctics. I was lucky enough to look like mother but she said Castiel was the reflection of Foalan. We were also larger than the others were, and more aggressive at that. Then there was this attraction to the moon. It culled us and protected us. Only Castiel and I seemed to feel its pull,” Maria’s voice trembled with fear. “and then it would change us into terrible beasts.” The fea looked at her paws and spread her toes apart to anxiously examine the soft webbing in between. “After mother finally revealed all that we were and about our father, Castiel became angry with her. He left a week later. I soon followed, but because I felt I needed to leave. My instinct told me to find where I belonged and I believe it was my father’s blood that led me here, somehow.”

Maria decided to leave it at that. She had already told the fea more than she probably wished to hear. “I’m sorry; I can be a little long winded. It is just…. I have not been in contact with other wolves in quite a while. Not since home.”

300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread