Highway to Hell, [P, J]
[html]

Word Count :: 650 I didn't really specify Kae's form beforehand so if she wasn't Optime before SHE IS NOW BY WAY OF MAGICKZ*~*~*~*~ (there were sparkles involved)

In Character

The silver-shaded woman knew of some who would disapprove of the relationship between a coyote and a wolf, but neither herself nor Gabriel were among those. Kae had always been a hypocrite—despite her supposed hatred of wolves, she had courted many of them over her lifespan, and she had loved a few of them. Her son also obviously was not one to look down on relationships that crossed the species line, as wolfish a hybrid as he was—though Kaena did only know of one of his lovers, a hybrid herself. Even so, she did not think it was a part of Gabriel to disapprove of such relationships. “Some might. The leadership doesn't care, and that's what matters after all, hm?” the hybrid woman said, shrugging her shoulders. She thought no less of Snake for having forged a relationship with a wolf, though it surprised her to hear of such a thing arising with Snake. He seemed a far more stoic type. “Snake is good to Inferni. Anyone who would place less stake in him for who he chooses for his affection is a fool,” the hybrid woman said harshly, though she knew this to be the truth—the tawny-furred man had been nothing but loyal to the clan since the very beginning, and he was among the uppermost tier of their ranks.

“Kaena Lykoi. Centurion of this clan,” she said, introducing herself with little flair. Her surname was flair enough. To hear that the other woman was a loner was a relief; the silver-shaded woman could not overlook the pack lifestyle. It brought immediate distaste to her where wolves were concerned—at least the ones who roamed alone weren't all wrapped up in ranks and everything else that accompanied pack living. “Not a fan of pack life?” the coyote inquired, having lost all of the aggression that was once in her—this sable-shaded woman was interesting, and she had revealed something about Snake that the hybrid had been previously unaware of. “I understand,” she said, strangely. “Before Zarah and Inferni, I had nothing. I don't think I really wanted to live. It might sound strange loving a woman or loving a clan, but it's the truth,” the silver-shaded woman admitted. Even if she had been too scared to tell Zarah, even if Zarah had died before they were able to consummate their relationship, before they were able to even tell one another how it really was—the coyote woman knew she had loved her in some twisted way. There was no question the hybrid loved the clan as family; it was family, for the most part, and in its own way, the entity Inferni had become as Lykoi as the family itself. “Sure,” the hybrid woman said, reaching forward to take the cigarette, leaning forward to light it.

“Well,” the hybrid said, leaning back with her own cigarette, finally taking a seat by the wolf, though she did keep a respectful distance of personal space between the two of them. “A few times in our history we've let wolves run with us. Mostly my lovers,” she said, laughing, though it was a sickly sort of laugh—there was nothing funny about the line of dead men Kaena trailed behind her. Anyone she had professed to love or even bore a child to was dead. “If you're serious about Snake...” the coyote added, peering at the woman with her single remaining eye. “Maybe it could be arranged.” The coyote knew she could not decide such a thing; Gabriel would have to be called to evaluate this, and Snake would have to come to support this woman's claim—if she was a raving wanderer who'd mistaken a moment of generosity from the usually stoic Hydra, her moments of life were numbered. However, the silver-shaded coyote did not think Lucia was lying of such a thing—it explained the trespassing, anyway.

<style>
.kae-funeral p { text-indent:25px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }
.kae-funeral b { color:#A4F62D }
.kae-funeral { background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... header.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #577104; width:446px; padding:166px 0px 1px 0px; text-align:justify; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e4f7c9; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:12px; }
.kae-funeral-text {font-family:georgia; font-size:11pt; color:#A4F62D; word-spacing:-.5pt; letter-spacing:0px; font-weight:bold; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; margin:0px 40px 0px 40px; border-bottom:1px dotted #CCFF00; width:366px; line-height:18px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread