Highway to Hell, [P, J]
[html]

WC: 503.

His words, sharp and powerful, had sunk into the wolf’s mind hard. She had listened carefully to Gabriel, and though the idea of being stationary in rank dulled her slightly, she did not change her mind. She was here for Snake, nothing more, and that would remain as such. If things turned sour in the future, maybe then she would consider relocating, but if it went well, there would be no need to ponder on such things. The thought quickly faded. Nodding understandingly to the Aquila, she watched him leave. There was so much pride in his steps; she wondered how it felt to rule over everyone else, how it felt to have everyone respect you, no matter what mistakes you might have made in the past. It was a grand thought, but again, it was not possible. She would remain the lowest of the low, and all in the name of love, and as such, her malachite eyes turned to Snake.

His expression seemed different. Almost blank, but not quite. It worried the obsidian female, but she laid little thought to it for the time being. His words, his beautiful voice, had triggered a distraction, and as she watched the words roll of his tongue, she couldn’t help the smile which tugged at her lips. It became apparent, that perhaps somewhere underneath the layers of stone he buried himself in, he was smiling. It was faint, almost invisible, but she could feel it. Her heart skipped a beat, wondering why it had taken her so long to come and find him. Before now, all she had thought about was him, and all she wanted was to relive those precious moments along the shoreline. Who’d have thought that cigarettes could have provoked such a wonderful feeling, and yes, beyond anything ever before, she was grateful. She was content.

“Yes,”
she finally replied, her voice no higher than a whisper. He had the strange ability of bringing out her quieter side, her softer nature. She felt innocent around him, and it was an odd sensation. Malachite eyes watched him, read him the best she could. Lucia loved the challenge he presented her, loved the chase – and now, right here, the chase had come to her. “That would be great.” Breaths heavy as she spoke. Her nerves tingled; a lump in her throat. It was like a nervous schoolgirl with a crush, except this schoolgirl had her crush, and they would go to the ball. She smiled again, stepping forward, closer and closer. She could feel his breath on her face now. Her eyes searched his face for some sort of inkling of emotion. “How have you been?” she purred quietly, cautiously. “I meant it,” she added, her voice even quieter now. She was shy again, oh how she had missed this feeling, these butterflies in her stomach. How he did it, she would never know, but she was glad he did, and that was that. “I meant it when I said I missed you…”

<style type="text/css">
.l b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.l .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#808000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.l p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #5c7628}
.l {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/lt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread