snips, snails, and puppy-dog tails [aw]
I'm sorry for draggin' this out, fellas. I'll have King exit, and you can continue along or archive, if you wish. (: <3

[html]

What did he want? It was quite simple. He wanted them to fear. The female was having a hard time in that department—there was resolve there, something that King did not like. He wanted her to avoid his gaze, to look down and to shrink before him. That was how things were supposed to be. And even the boy—Giddy-on, he thought, trying not to roll his eyes—was entirely too fearful for his own good. Fear was weakness, and weakness was attacked until it disappeared. But there was not anything he could do about it now, even though he wished he could. There were lines that existed—lines he wished he could erase, but he couldn't now. No, but there was always time.

His bright blue gaze focused on the younger boy as he asked a shuddering question. Resisting the urge to sneer, King replied simply, "Just passing through. Thought I'd say 'hi'." But the tone of his voice was unmistakable—quiet and dangerous, sarcastic and also ironic in the lightness of the statement. He pointedly made eye contact between both Gideon and Nayru before continuing, "I'll be leaving, then." Only a moment after and without waiting long for any reply (he didn't expect one), he continued along his way through the old town.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread