Forgotton, Yet Ever Present
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... erries.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:325px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

I am SO sorry Req. I didn’t see that you had replied for a LONG time. I suck so hard core right now.

Everything had a name, but they were just labels. Nayru sucked in this information, her developing brain working hard to digest it and put it to use. The child did not question whether this was the truth or not, this wolf seem a reliable source and it made sense. Most the words they spoke were just names, labels. Tree, Rock, River. They were simply words they used to communicate, to organize. On their own, like all other words, they meant absolutely nothing. One had to be taught to understand such words, language was not intrinsic. Rabbit. The word it’s self was a name, but she had wondered if the other rabbits called each other by names. Perhaps they did, but did they care if the predators that ate them had names they used with one another? Probably not. And so, Nayru couldn’t be too concerned with the rabbit’s name. As the creature was dead, it was probably no longer relevant. If it had a family, they would remember the name, Nayru wouldn’t have to.

Cwmfen. This name would matter, if the lady stayed in Dahlia de Mai for more than a brief visit. Nayru mentally filed away the title and shyly offered up her own. Nayru. If that was only a title, did her name help to make her identity? Did the simplicity or rarity of the name contribute to her personality in any manner? Did a beautiful creature with an ugly name suffer because of it? Nayru wasn’t sure and suddenly the pressure of focusing solely on her name was too much, and so unsolicited information trickled out of her mouth, her cherry eyes optimistic that it would be taken kindly. I am staying with Conor. The information seemed relevant, and Nayru didn’t have to worry if the lady would know who Conor was or not. Outside of Dahlia that name meant nothing, but within the borders everyone knew who the male was.

The thought occurred to her then, who really did exist outside of Dahlia de Mai? Although she was curious, she had not real desire to wander off and find out. The names of the other packs trickled in, and maybe when she was older she would venture and find out, but as it was there was more than enough to keep her busy in Dahlia. The amount of wolves to her was still startling, having lived alone with her parents and two sisters for all her life prior to her arrival at Dahlia de Mai. There were enough souls to try and figure out here. Such as Cwmfen. No longer shy, she ventured to sort out the mystery. Why did you pick Dahlia for a home? Nayru hadn’t chosen, it had been chosen for her. She knew that Conor had been born here, but what about the others? What made a pack? And why this pack and not any other?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread