Song of the water carried by the breeze ...
This time Ever shook her fur and droplets of sea water showered the rocks. She sighed and looked the male straight in his eyes, for the first time noticing their rare color. Without out fear she dug her claws into the ground and focused on the terrible memories that clouded her pup hood. If she were to get anywhere, others needed to know where she came from and that she was not a threat. Her young bones ached as she shifted, her mind deep in thought.

"I was born into a large valley surrounded by birch trees. My pack was small and hunted together, moving as one. Pups were very uncommon, so I grew up with only 2 den mates. No one ever seemed to know their father, but mothers stayed with their pups until they were old enough to mate themselves. Winters were never a problem but spring always brought floods and summer - drought. It always seemed like the pack was striving for something. We called ourselves Static, I do not remember why ... if that matters. When I was only 5 months ..." Ever's face darkened extremely as the travel began, but this time she could not hold back. "A rare group of bears attacked and scattered our pack. Many wolves were killed while others fled the valley. It was deep into winter and the snow started as soon as my mother and I left the valley. Food was very scarce. We traveled with no sense of direction; both young. My mother seemed to always look lost. When we did find food, she never ate. She let me have it all and I could never talk her out of it. Soon she died from hunger. It was quick and terrible. That's when I realized I had no idea where I was going or where I was ..."

Ever's voice faded, replaced by the sound of the wind as it picked up. The loneliness finally overwhelmed her and she sank to the ground, shivering.

Messages In This Thread