the same bad dream.
[html]

WC 500+

Just as she was about to resign herself to shifting so she could pass the doorway, a soft click resonated through the empty hall as Eris cracked the door and peered through. She looked up at the woman and immediately her suspicions about the scent had been confirmed; this was the person who crossed here just a moment before herself, and they were related. She caught the same revelation in Eris’s eyes, too, and wondered for a brief second what clued the woman in. Of course, she assumed it was the most prominent feature that Sepirah had which physically linked her directly to the Lykoi matriarch – the blaze of red fur on her nose.

Sepirah also took a second to identify the wonderful unity there was within a clan that eased its members. Had they met like this in the wilderness, they might have had to go through a ceremonious face-off before establishing each other as some tentative form of ‘friend.’

She didn’t hesitate, and when Eris motioned she slipped through the doorway with the viper slithering at her side. She glanced at the feline nearby, and when she noticed its wary gaze upon her own companion, she positioned herself between the two. It would not do for any of them, the life of the two pets, or whatever relationship might bud between Eris and Sepirah, to have the two go at it. She looked up at the smoke-pelted woman and nodded.

“I am Sepirah, and he is unnamed,” she motioned to the reptile. By the way she spoke the word, with emphasis, she had a very good reason for leaving her companion without a name – and it accompanied why she did not offer Eris all three of her names.

She turned her eyes back to the cat and noticed it cow under Eris’s glare, for which she was thankful. The animal was obedient enough to not cause them all undue mischief. . . though her companion, too, was now wary of the feline. She chuckled lightly before turning back to Eris. “He is the most obedient companion I have ever known, he will not attack without provocation or the order to do so. And I would not have him attack any of my clan, or their pets.”

She dropped her muzzle to the floor and sniffed rapidly, turning her attention back to the creatures that stirred their interest in the first place. Nodding to Eris, she agreed, “Some sort of vermin, for sure, but I’m unfamiliar with all that live in these lands yet. Shall we?” A hearty and satisfied grin pressed onto her muzzle, her young white fangs gleaning in the moonlight, as she turned and stalked silently towards the room Eris had been about to inspect.

“Your teeth are too happy, I would not want your venom wasted. Wait here,” the over-the-shoulder comment was clearly directed at her companion, who was content to watch the cat for now, but she spared the glimpse to also check for Eris’s pursuit.

<style>
.sepirah-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sepirah-a01 b {color:#B8E23E; letter-spacing:-.3px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; }
.sepirah-a01-separator {text-align:center; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-color:#B8E23E; padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sepirah-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sepirah-a01 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B8E23E; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C4714; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.sepirah-a01-border {border:1px solid #000000; width:402px; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread