Tangled Lines
[html]
300+
lawl did not realize I forgot to cast the line /failfisherman

Anann gazed back at him, their height difference hard to notice, and the Russo could not help but blink back at her for a moment. He did not really register what she had said, until he finally realized that he had to answer her question. Eyes shifted away from her facial features to the water, as Anatoliy fumbled for the words. "Ah, you can zhrow it out zhere. Or you can pull back, zhen wave it out zhere vith the pole." Thinking it better to just throw it, he grabbed the hook and chucked it out to the sea as far as he could. The line steadied, as best as it could considering the waves were still strong for the time of year.

He let go of the woman, though he did so partially unwillingly. It was nice to have a friend fishing, even if it was not a very active kind of thing to do. The line he had tied before was still, not jerking about with a fish yet. He reclined against the big rock, relaxing, even as he kept a touch on his own line. Anann held onto the rod, and the Russo smiled up at her. "Zhe ozher side? You mean in Russia?" he asked, blinking at her because of the summer sun between the clouds. "It is more like a town. Less loose, like here. Ve had a large building for all of us. Tighter family. Family is everyzhing zhere. Most men fish in zhe freezing sea. Women stayed home with zhe children and to keep zhe house and vhatever ve grew in zhe garden."

Chuckling, he thought back. "But I have an aunt zhat is different. She fishes vith zhe men. You remind me of her. If ve were different, she vould have been a warrior." Suddenly, the woman cried out, her hands tightening over the pole as it began to jerk a bit. A fish! Good! Rising, rather sluggishly, he laughed. "Calm down. If it gets avay, zhere are plenty more fish in zhe sea." He put his hands on her shoulder, watching the line make splashes in the water whenever the creature pulled toward freedom. "Vhat you do is reel in for a moment. Zhen you hold firm, zhen reel in, just so zhat zhe fish does not escape. You do zhat, and I vill get zhe net, so do not stop until zhe fish is out of zhe vater," he whispered into her ear, eyes firmly planted on the water.

<style type="text/css">
.graydream b {font-weight:normal; color:#9994ae; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.graydreamooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#25223c;}
.graydream p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.graydream {margin:0 auto; width:385px; background-color:#4b485b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... mtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px double #36324a; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#36324a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread