i want your skull, i need you skull.
[html]

good with me! 300+

The skulls were the most frightening things Rio had ever seen. She was completely frozen to her place, stomach souring with a sickness she had never felt before. Death was a concept she still didn't understand, not even close. The adolescent knew nothing of it, for it had never touched her life — it lay in wait like a hungry beast at the edges of her consciousness, and today it stirred.

Entranced by the horrifying scene of the heads on poles, the skinny femme tried not to picture what had happened to those wolves, tried not to see their heads being brutally removed from their necks. Her mind was full of red, and it was making her nauseous. The young woman, consumed by this atrocity, forgot all about her adventure in the sunny, beautiful Dampwoods just moments before. The sunlight did not seem so wonderful now that it was almost shimmering against the tops of the wolf skulls.

Rio was close to turning and running as fast as her limbs would carry her. She wanted to get away from this place as soon as possible — she didn't care to search for rationality for what she'd seen. However, movement caught her eye before she could move an inch. It was as if the tall grasses were swaying in the wind, but there was no wind. Fear stiffened her muscles. She did not even know where the movement had come from, for it was merely a flash in her peripheral vision. Perhaps she was imagining things. She took a step to the side, preparing the turn and leave, but a hiss halted her instantly. Fright returned in a massive wave that nearly knocked her off her feet. She lowered her body, wishing to hide against the earth but knowing it was futile. What was going to happen to her? I don't mean any harm! she said, her voice involuntarily high-pitched. Rio was certain she'd heard a note of disgust on the word "wolf." If this was a pack's land, why did they hate their own species? Nothing made sense to her.

<style type="text/css">
.Riogift002 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#848462; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Riogift002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b0a68a; text-align:right;}
.Riogift002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Riogift002 {margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#fae9cc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift002.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b0a68a; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b0a68a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by alli

[/html]

Messages In This Thread