Behind this masquerade we hide...
[html]

I am so sorry for the shat post.

Ease overcame him at last as the girl's breathing slowed and evened. It pained him to see a youngster behave in such a nervous way, without understanding why. Kansas feared that his presence was overwhelming her, but now that fear had abated and he sighed a silent breath of relief, hoping that her response would provide him insight into why she was so very nervous.

Light blue eyes followed the small paw tracing the letters of her story, brows raising to soften his visage as he felt a wash of pity. The girl was fatherless, a reminiscent sorrow to Kansas, for he had been without a mother during his own childhood. Even more tragic (and strangely familiar), she had been abandoned by the only parent she had. But unlike him, who knew his father's departure was no fault of his, Enya seemed to blame herself. Finally, Kansas understood her sorrow. He was silent for a moment, unsure of what to say to her. He didn't want her to think him imposing, or hotheaded, by speaking the wrong words. Kansas did not have all the answers; he only wanted to help. Oh, sweetie... he began softly. You... shouldn't blame yourself for that. That's — It's too heavy a burden for you to carry, I think.

Sometimes he was angry with the world for being so dark and cruel to those least deserving of its unkindness. Want to come with me to the Manor, and I'll show you the library? Your friend can come too... the man spoke with a grin, looking again at the adorable hedgehog, then back to Enya's youthful features.

<style type="text/css">
.kansasjulygift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#adadad; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kansasjulygift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:center;}
.kansasjulygift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.kansasjulygift01 {margin:0 auto; width:375px; background-color:#f4f4f4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.kansasjulygift01-border1 {width:377px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.kansasjulygift01-line1 {width:351px; border-bottom:1px solid #c9c9c9; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread