to find a mockingbird.
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: slooow reply. sorry! :I roll-over for translation.
wc: 300+

The strange she-wolf flinched, her head whipping around with such surprise and animosity that Alaine froze in place. She was a doe in the forest, wary, uncertain, poised to flee - Here was a creature who had the power to destroy her if it so desired. Alaine knew of her own fragility, and knew that in combat she had not the size nor the skills to defend herself against any but the most ill-equipped wolf. As such nervous fear constantly dogged her heels, waiting for the chance to snap, to prove her mind-felt weakness correct.

However, the Cour des Miracles Apothecary was noted that the woman's eyes were glittering with unshed tears. It was not them that gauged Alaine's shock, but more so the hollowness, the emptiness of the she-wolf's gaze. Here was a creature who knew pain, who knew grief. The healer's kindred soul hearkened towards her.

The woman's reply grazed the air, softly, truthfully. The forest around them was a secret-keeper, silent and foreboding. Slowly, the collie-woman approached, her eyes kept always on the tan and ivory female, each of her lean muscle strung tightly so as to burst into flight at the first sign of aggression. Her lack of faith in strangers was utmost and whole, but this woman, she was... She was different. Emerald eyes, wide and owlish, noted each of the other's features in turn, committing them instinctively to memory. When finally they stood but a few meters apart, the foreigner held still, her auburn curls dancing merrily about a surprisingly young face.

"Is measa cneá tá sin de croí." Her musical voice lilted softly, emerald eyes keen as she spoke seemingly to herself. One ivory palm was thrust out, to shake in greeting. " I am Alaine Winters, a healer. Can I help?"

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread