to find a mockingbird.
[html]
table © Jacoby <3
SLOWWW. Alaine is actually preggers in this thread, btw - she just doesn't know it XD wc: 300+

The woman seemed inclined to silence, perhaps to brood, perhaps simply for the presence of something that was not broken. Alaine knew of that feeling, and respected it enough to allow the female plenty of time to reply. However, her answer was surprisingly firm and grounded. A safety net on this emotional tightrope she walked, perhaps.

Her words gave Alaine much to consider. She loved children. They were creatures crafted of purity and whimsy, unprintable, for - as the collie knew all too well - when one was tainted, childhood ended. The cruelty of real life became set into the bone like a cancer. But there was no love quite alike that of the love of a mother for her children. It was the deepest connection, the core connection, the beginning of all life. This brought Alaine sadness, for she knew herself to be barren, knew it deep in the cockles of her heart. Caillen's overlarge form had ruined her chances of creating life again.

But whatever envy she felt for the ivory woman's prosperity and fertility, it was submerged deep within her conscious, never to be born into actual thought. That was just not the way the healer worked, not the way her nature demanded.

"My son..." She began hesitantly, smiling softly at the though of him, "He is... Big boy. Grew up much faster in his body than his mind. He is a magnificent storyteller, though; I just wish he would pay as much attention to this world as he does the one in his head." She sighed lightly, fingers twisting in the satchel's leather throng. She hesitated a moment, before continuing, "We had a fight. I didn't want him to leave me, but he wanted adventure. He ran away, and I worry for his safety, but I cannot follow him - I am needed on Cour des Miracles land. It is my duty to stay there." Her evidently niggling concern seeped into her accented tone, and the woman ran one ivory hand absently through her auburn curls. Perhaps this woman might have seen her son. Perhaps she would be able to tell Alaine that he was still okay - Still her little boy. Emerald eyes glanced across at the ivory beauty from beneath her lashes.

Alaine Speaks

<style type="text/css">
.alaineblue b {font-weight:normal; color:#7eacb7; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.alaineblueooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.alaineblue p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.alaineblue {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#0e6d84; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... abblue.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 390px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread