Silent days, where have you gone
[html]

Bris' eyes didn't leave the stars as Conor's soft voice agreed with her. Her heart threatened to flutter up out of her chest, but she determinedly forced it back down. The night wind ruffled her soft whilte fur as the silence lingered between the pair, a silence of comfort and ease rather than awkwardness. Time itself seemed to hang in the air as they sat, transfixed by the beauty of the heavens.

As the male's voice once again lilted to Bris' ears, she broke her stare above and turned to look at him. Conor's lavender eyes twinkled in the starlight, and her smile became a little wistful as she listened. As his words registered with the logical part of the woman's mind, however, a thirst for knowledge overtook the dreamy feel of the moment. The spaher's two-toned eyes widened a bit as she soaked in what he'd said. "Already gone? I'd never thought of that. I knew enough to know the basics of what they are, but I'd never even wondered about that part of it." Overtaken for a moment by wonder, Bris unfolded her arms and leaned back, stretching her arms behind her and her legs out before her. The slave earring that never left her right ear twinkled a bit as she shifted. "I guess some things really do go on after death..." A moment of silence followed the trailing off of her words, her thoughts focusing briefly on her sister Kol. The older Stormbringer's body was dead and gone, but her light, like that of the deceased stars that lit the evening sky, lived on in the memories she'd left behind. It was a comforting, welcome thought.

Realizing she'd let her attention drift off, Bris smiled a bit shyly as she glanced back at her leader. To her surprise, he'd been watching her as her thoughts had wandered, and her cheeks burned beneath her white fur with the invisible blush. Her mismatched eyes glanced away quickly as she caught her breath, then returned to the young male's face with more composure. She was making a fool of herself, and she knew it. As she thought of trying to change the subject to something less dreamy, something about Conor's face caught her gaze. His eyes were as bright as always, but his eyelids seemed a bit heavy. Come to think of it, his entire posture was sagging more than usual, and Bris' brow furrowed a bit in concern. All shyness left her demeanor as she focused on Dahlia's young leader. "Conor, are you ok? You look exhausted. Is something wrong?" Bris shifted her weight to her side as she asked, drawing in to get a little bit of a closer look at him. She knew he'd been under a great deal of stress, taking on the leadership of Dahlia at so young an age, not to mention the horrendous childhood and past few months he'd had. Maybe it was finally beginning to take a toll on him. Maybe there was something Bris could do to help him.

Table by Vero!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread