Silent days, where have you gone
[html]

--

”I believe they do.” Energy could never die, though it changed shape and purpose. How could their short lives and all the things they had learned and done just vanquish when the body died? Conor was not a firm believer of religion, but he could not accept a final death where everything ended. Perhaps eternal darkness was what to look forward to, but he thought of those who willingly ended their lives; seeking an escape from the only life they had been granted. Everyone needed something to believe in; something more that could bring courage and meaning into their existence. Conor too thought of Kol at this moment, though he would not bring up the life and death of the Stormbringer while the remaining half sibling sat here with dry eyes.

Had their gaze connected in such a way in one of the former stages of his short life, Conor would have drowned in the glittering orbs of the female next to him, drowning in the soft, warm tide pouring into his soul. He responded to the world around him as well as he always had, but he had found new, necessary ways to deal with his life and the lives around him. Darkness continued to fall around them, but her face was lit by the soft expression on her lips and the pure soul beyond the bi-hued orbs. Concern could be read in them now, and he could feel his fur rise slightly as a fine train of goose bumps travelled up his spine. He could sense her lean closer, though his gaze travelled away from her and climbed the star lit sky as if the scene hadn’t changed.

Much in his life had been wrong up until the disposal of his father, and he could only shake his head slowly to such a question. Never had there been less wrong about it. ”I’m fine, Bris,” he replied in the usual soft tones. He was at a slight loss of what to say, because he was unable to locate a concrete reason for the exhaustion leaking into his system—a bit more every day. He slept, he ate, and he ran. Yet, dark marks formed under his eyes and the need to retire together with the sun became more persistent. ”I think I just need a few nights of good sleep,” he said quietly, aiming only to lighten her worry. Sleep could not help him, but it would be wrong to have her worry for him when there was little to be done.

Table by Veronica
[/html]

Messages In This Thread