Walk into the Sun
[html]

whoot whoot~

Depression clawed fiercely at Rio in prior months, all the way back to when she was a young child. The dancing crystals of snow had appeared as fairies to her, and she had been inconsolable when they stopped their waltzes from the sky. This was her earliest memory of her own depression, but it had surfaced at other times, when the unfairness of her life pulled her into an abyss of self-pity and her tears were plentiful. She knew that the feeling could come back — perhaps inevitably. But with the same energy that fueled the furious sadness, she was as intensely able to enjoy the happy moments. Her mind was a strange thing.

Mati was laughing with her, hopeful to meet her little companion. Rio was confident that she would, in time. The smile upon the sable wolfess' dark lips remained as Mati continued, giving Rio a closer look at her life just as she had wished for. Oh, good, the younger girl replied brightly, picturing the little puppies, wondering what it would be like to have baby siblings. Mati must be overjoyed.

I have another mother too, Xeris. She has watched over my siblings and me since Naniko... since our mother left. The pale-furred female had saved Naniko's most recent litter from utter abandonment. Mati's words had shed light on another parallel between them. They both were taken in by other mother figures, in the absence of one who shared their blood.

<style type="text/css">
.Riogift002 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#848462; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Riogift002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b0a68a; text-align:right;}
.Riogift002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Riogift002 {margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#fae9cc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift002.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b0a68a; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b0a68a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by alli

[/html]

Messages In This Thread