I wonder
[html]

It wasn't often that she found baby creatures, or that mother animals would allow her to come near theirs. So whenever that happened she was especially excited. Today she was on the trail of a hurt animal that her magpie friend had told her about, a "small ball of fur". The bird hadn't given her a very good description of what it could be, but he'd narrowed down her search area a lot by giving her directions from the air.

"A bit to the left now--I can see him" The voice came from above, and she changed her course to intercept the creature ahead. She'd brought her backpack with her as usual, the pack filled up with all sorts of medicines. She never knew what she would need, so she'd brought a bit of everything.

"I see it" She called above, as a figure came into view. It was a fox, a very young one. What it was doing in the city she didn't know...but it looked like it had stepped on something sharp and cut itself. There was blood dripping from its foot, and it breathing was labored as it looked back at her, eyes wide. "It's okay, don't worry. I'm here to---" But then it was gone, dissapearing into one of the nearby houses. The magpie didn't like going into the houses...so he couldn't help her. She sighed, starting toward the open door. She'd have to find it herself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread