A Halcyon
[html]

Oh terribly sorry! 307

She felt his gaze on her back as Ever drank. As she turned around, she smiled lightly when the bird continued his feasting. The male introduced himself as Niro and his hawk and eagle. The connection between them was strong and clear. Ever admired the luperci for it. Then Niro asked for her name. She was slightly embarrassed she hadn’t mentioned it before. I am Ever Mayawyn, daughter of Vigilante, That was all she could offer. She was part of the royal family but hadn’t taken up a permanent skill place in the pack. The decision was important to her. New only by a month. She added, moving her eyes up at the sun beams glitter which had caught her attention. It was truly a beautiful afternoon.

I think I will take up your offer to make up for my loss, The silver female said with a slight giggle, inviting the male to hunt with her. Care to hunt? She knew hardly any wolf could resist the offer to eat and chase prey, but she couldn’t expect everyone to be the same. As she waited for Niro’s answer, the female gave an approval glance at the hawk. His feathers were a brilliant color that rippled fluffed and smoothed as he tore at the rabbit. Again, no anger came when she realized she had caught the prey. Ever could never resist an animal. They had been there when she had no one and they were alike in so many different ways to wolves, including her.

The birds chirped in the canopy of leaves above the four creatures and in the distance the sound of the waves frothing against the shore whispered in the ears of the forest dwellers. Ever’s ears swiveled at the sounds in the woods; crackling twigs, rustling leaves, the current of the wind.

<style type="text/css">
.ever-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7c5035; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ever-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ever-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ever-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#96a9ad; background-image:url(http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8413/souls19.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread