In the Land of Red
[html]

((Sorry I took so long!))

"You‘re not like a wolf or dog at all." You're right, thought Element. I'm not like a wolf or dog at all. He meant this in ways of appearance as well as personality - while dogs were generally more large and compact, Element was sleek and graceful, even. And dogs and canines in general were usually quite unlike Element in the way that they were so vicious when protecting their territory, almost bloodthirsty as well as galumphing bafoons at the same time - and this little puppy demonstrated her territorial side quickly after.

She puffed out her small chest and sat straight, a sudden seriousness entering her gaze. Element gazed right back, and felt a little amused that this small pup was trying to be so authoritative and demeaning to him when she was no larger than he; he was a little bit larger than the small puppy, actually. But he didn't yell or shout at her; far from it. He looked calmly into her eyes, humoring her - after all, she was just a puppy. She must relish this chance to be able to be a superior to another adult, no matter what species; all young wanted to be big in their own regard.

"Do you have a name, cat? And what pack are you from? Did you know that you‘re in Dahlia de Mai?" Element almost smiled at this pup's attempts to remain serious and calm - it was clear that she was really excited and curious underneath. He remembered himself, however, and remained solemn for the sake of her facade;

"Yes, this cat does have a name," he said, licking a paw nonchalantly. "It's Element." He stopped licking his paw and looked at the puppy in the eyes. "I'm not from any packs - cats are independent. They don't have packs." But sometimes they travel in pairs, he said to himself, but didn't voice that aloud. "I did know I was in an area with a pack in it, but I didn't know the name. Dahlia de Mai...that's a pleasant name."

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table speak {font-weight:bold; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Element-Table think {font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread