In the Land of Red
[html]

Element ignored this for a while, simply sitting down to begin to wash. He licked his paw, drawing it over his ear, then his other ear. Then he began to lick his chest, his belly, his back, the base of his tail and finally he swiped a paw across his cheek for good measure. He glanced at the puppy. Slight anger began to rise at her words, but he quickly suppressed the feeling, carefully masking his face in a facade of indifference. Inside, however, his mind was reeling. Yes, the dogs considered it rude to hunt on another's territory - but Element was not a dog. The majority of the land of Souls was being taken over by these wolves, and Element was beginning to find it only slightly difficult finding prey outside 'pack' borders. Packs meant little to nothing to Element; in fact, he didn't see why he, a feline, should abide to canine laws that should only apply to canines. Canines were not the higher beings of the world. Nothing was, anymore.

"Angry they may be," he said, dropping the endearing attitude and coming across to the puppy as an equal talking to an equal, "I am still not a canine. I don't know a lot of your rules, nor do I see a reason to follow them. I understand canines follow other canine's rules, but I am not from this pack, or any other packs - why should I leave?" Element brought up what he thought was a rather fair point. "If I decided that I would take over a spot of your territory, I hardly think you'd feel obliged to leave just because I said it was a feline rule. You don't chase the hawks and various other non-canine animals from here; why me?"

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table b {font-weight:bold; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Element-Table i {font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread