futterwacken
[html]

Lucia simply watched the duo in the silent moment before Rio responded, taking note of the encouragement the little fox seemed to provide her. She wondered how long Rio and Toki had been together, unable to recall any specific time when she may have first seen them together. Yet another reminder of the rift that seemed to be growing between them. But Rio said they were doing well--as well as they could be, anyway--and it prompted a soft smile to Luci's lips. Wasn't that how they all felt, nowadays?

The sandy-furred girl seemed to fall into a sudden loss for words, feeling the awkwardness in the silence that they shouldn't have had to deal with. She took her sister's lead and focused her attention on the fruits of their hunt, rather than the silence that seemed to be falling over them like a blanket once more. She took a bite from her fresh kill, and somehow found herself not feeling all that hungry anymore. She stared at the little rabbit as she chewed.

Rio's question drew her gaze. Lucia took a breath, then paused slightly as she considered it. "I... I don't know. I mean, I did, at first. Missed her a lot." Especially when she found herself in the quiet cabin, alone. She found herself pawing idly at her rabbit as she tried to organize her thoughts into coherent words. "But..." She shrugged and looked back over to her sister. "Well, I met Mati a while ago," she began, searching for a sign of recognition of their half-sister's name in those periwinkle orbs. "And she told me things. Things about momma." Lucia paused then, already beginning to regret bringing this up. Rio wouldn't want to hear these things. She would feel so much better if she kept the veil of ignorance over her eyes that Lucia could no longer seek comfort in.

wc:312
[/html]

Messages In This Thread